3 Ways to Boost and Scale Your Micro-Affiliate Program with Customer Service
If you want to build a successful business, you should take advantage of micro-affiliates.
But in order to get the most out of micro-affiliates... you need to make sure you are serving them well and setting them up for success.
At Affiliate Summit West in November 2022, Jessica McGlory spoke about the power of micro-affiliates. She is the founder of the micro agency, and she has health organizations across almost every industry achieve success in their marketing efforts.
First of all, what exactly is a micro-affiliate?
A micro-affiliate is a smaller advertising partner with both owned and earned audiences. A micro-affiliate is paid to post about a brand based on the performance of that brand.
There are a number of challenges that have developed in the world of affiliate marketing recently. Fortunately, micro-affiliate marketing with strong customer service can overcome a lot of these issues.
The Challenges Facing Affiliate Marketing
There are a number of significant challenges that businesses are encountering in the world of affiliate marketing. They include:
- Companies are having a difficult time controlling unit economics. They were acquiring more customers, but they need to spend more money to acquire those customers.
- Companies are having a difficult time scaling up with their affiliates. As they take on more affiliates, each affiliate produces less and less revenue.
- Sometimes, the brand is not always perceived in a positive way. This can make it difficult for companies to grow.
There are a number of ways to address these issues.
Is it better to go with an in-house team? Or, is it better to go with a professional agency?
It is time to think outside the box.
The Power of Outsourced Customer Service
Companies that want to get the most out of micro-affiliate marketing should consider outsourcing their customer service to another team! Some of the benefits of outsourcing customer service include:
- It is easier to drive leads in a personable way, building customer loyalty and repeat purchases.
- A customer service team can help businesses scale accordingly without having to deal with diminishing returns.
- The risk is low, as outsourcing the customer service time has a high upside but a low cost.
With the right customer service team, it is possible for companies to grow and scale their affiliate marketing programs.
With a dedicated customer service team, it is possible for companies to work with affiliates to help them maximize conversion rates and drive revenue growth. Some of the best ways to do this include:
- Provide creatives for them! Use templates that are easy for affiliates to customize to meet their needs across multiple channels. This includes social media, newsletters, and blogs.
- Help them develop landing pages that are focused on individual affiliates. Even a simple banner can go a long way toward boosting conversion rates.
- Encourage affiliates to post consistently. Help them create a regular schedule and use a compensation scale that provides bonus opportunities.
A reliable customer service team can help companies get the most out of these steps, helping to grow affiliate marketing programs and maximize revenue growth.
Affiliate Summit East
May 24 - 25, 2022
Marriott Marquis, New York City